The Biotechnology Program is delivered in a state-of-the-art facility that offers students the opportunity to prepare for a career path and the challenges of college. The students have a wide variety of experiences including the opportunity to conduct relevant research in the field of biotechnology and apply for an industry internship. They also perform sophisticated experiments with DNA and proteins throughout the program and perform assays commonly used in the Biotechnology industry. Technology is infused into almost all aspects of the curriculum. This academy has established partnerships with biotech companies in the area.
- All students applying to these programs must meet the following eligibility criteria: 3.0 GPA.
- Students must complete an online academy application. The application can be accessed on the school district’s website at http://www.mypbchoiceapp.com/site.php
The student’s Biotechnology course is taken as an elective course in addition to the required core curriculum.
- 9th grade – Biotechnology I
- 10th grade – Biotechnology II
- 11th grade – Biotechnology III
- 12th grade – Biotechnology IV
Students are encouraged to apply for summer internships.