Overview: Students learn automotive basics hands-on.
Seminole Ridge Automotive Academy Mission Statement: Our mission is to engage automotive academy students in a superior blend of academic and vocational skills to ensure college and career readiness.
Seminole Ridge Automotive Academy Goals: Our goals are to:
- Utilize hands-on and academic instruction to provide a pathway to industry certification.
- Equip students to meet the needs of local employers in the field of automotive repair.
- Promote post-secondary education.
- 9th grade – Automotive Level 1
- 10th grade – Automotive Level 2
- 11th grade – Automotive Level 3
- 12th grade – Automotive Level 4
Automotive academy course sequence
INTRODUCTION TO AUTOMOTIVE PRINCIPALS
- NATEF supplemental tasks
- NATEF tasks including Engine Repair General, Engine Repair Cylinder Head and Valve Train, and Engine Lubrication and Cooling Systems
- NATEF tasks electrical including General, Battery Service, Starting, Charging, Lighting, and Accessories
SUSPENSION, STEERING SYSTEMS, AND BRAKES
- NATEF Tasks chassis including General, Related Suspension and Steering Service, Wheel Alignment, Wheels, Tires, Hydraulic System, Drum Brakes, Disc Brakes, Power-Assist Units, Wheel Bearings, Parking Brakes, Electrical, Electronic Brakes, and Traction Stability Control Systems
ENGINE REPAIR, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND TRANSAXLE, MANUAL DRIVE TRAIN AND AXLES, HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING, ENGINE PERFORMANCE
- NATEF tasks Transmission General, In-Vehicle Transmission/Transaxle, Off-Vehicle Transmission and Transaxle, Clutch, Automatic and Manual Transmission/Transaxle, Drive Shaft, Half Shafts, Universal and Constant-Velocity (CV) Joints, Differential Case Assembly, HVAC General, Refrigeration System Components, HVAC Operating Systems and Related Controls, Engine Performance General, Computerized Controls, Fuel, Air Induction, Exhaust Systems, and Emissions Control Systems.
Industry Certification: Students have the opportunity to become industry certified in Florida Automobile Dealers Association (FADA).
Safety Training: OSHA 10hour General Industry Safety Training
Internships: Level 4 students compete for a paid internship with PB Fleet Management